I can definitely say I enjoy a good steak; however, I believe in a healthy variety of foods. For an easy yet hardy vegetarian inspired dish, try this savory recipe.
- 6-8 ounces brown rice noodles or Pad Thai noodles.
- ½ large onion, coarsely chopped.
- 1 red pepper, chopped to your liking.
- 2 carrots, chopped into small pieces.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten.
- 1 cup kale.
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce.
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar.
- 4 tablespoons vegetable broth.
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce.
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste.
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder.
Soak noodles according to packaging instructions; drain. In a bowl mix together all sauce ingredients; set aside.
In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add vegetables, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer vegetables to a dish; set aside.
Add remaining oil to skillet and heat. Add noodles to pan using tongs to toss for about 2 minutes. Pour in sauce and stir into noodles until the sauce begins to thicken, about 2 more minutes. Move noodles to one side of the skillet. Pour in eggs and let sit until just set, about 1 minute. Toss together noodles and eggs until well combined. Add in vegetables and kale, remove from heat and toss everything together.