Whether its brunch, lunch, or dinner, there is a place on the menu for this simply delicious dish.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 1 cup spinach, coarsely chopped.
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped.
- ½ cup ricotta.
- ¼ cup Parmesan, shredded.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- ½ teaspoon each; sea salt & pepper.
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 pound pre-made pizza dough, room temperature.
- 6-8 ounces smoked gouda, grated.
- 1 (14 oz. can) artichoke hearts, drained and quartered.
- 1 (16 oz. can) lump crab meat.
Preheat oven to 450° F, moving the rack to the lowest position. In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add spinach and garlic and cook until spinach is wilted, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
In a medium bowl, mix together ricotta, Parmesan, lemon, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle a 10 inch cast iron skillet with cornmeal. Stretch the dough into an 11-12 inch round. Carefully press dough along bottom and up the sided of the skillet.
Spread ricotta mixture over dough. Top with spinach, gouda, artichokes, and crab meat. Bake until crust is golden brown, 22-25 minutes.